Server organisation

Nenfal

Well, I got an idea... Might disappoint some players

- Reset Towny siege
- Close Casual Towny
- Open Factions

Towny Siege is dead, lets unite both servers to make it bigger. Towny should be geopolitic: Wars, Alliances, Neutral relations and trade.
Casual Towny is basically a survival... without any possibility to conquier, expand territory unless you disband yourself or you're in bankrupt.

Factions can add more fun, more anarchy and a bit more toxicity (not in a bad way). OG players wait for it.

Gamer153

Platinum
Casual towny is the most active server and I think it's mainly because you can pvp if you want to but it's mostly just building/running a town/making money/... and not having to deal with other players being able to kill you.
Siege is gaining a bit more attention now, but casual is still multiple times as popular.

ViperMageRB

Titanium
the problem is community, the community on casual isint willing to fight at all. plus the lack of custom/rare reasources cause a lack of need to fight over reasources and terriotry. back in towny 1 I would have killed for either glowstone or emerald mountians but now? i just warp shops and buy them

Goetterescu

Platinum
Titanium
the problem is community, the community on casual isint willing to fight at all. plus the lack of custom/rare reasources cause a lack of need to fight over reasources and terriotry. back in towny 1 I would have killed for either glowstone or emerald mountians but now? i just warp shops and buy them
yeah the shops are kinda bad for the server

Nenfal

Casual towny is the most active server and I think it's mainly because you can pvp if you want to but it's mostly just building/running a town/making money/... and not having to deal with other players being able to kill you.
Siege is gaining a bit more attention now, but casual is still multiple times as popular.
I mean, peaceful mode exists to avoid wars and being killed so there is no point keeping the server peaceful

Nenfal

I mean, not everyone... Earth map creates conflicts and alliance, that's natural. Territory create relations (bad or good ones)

To expand you need to conquier. Imagine waiting a disband for it xDD

x_Isla_x

Well, I got an idea... Might disappoint some players

- Reset Towny siege
- Close Casual Towny
- Open Factions

Towny Siege is dead, lets unite both servers to make it bigger. Towny should be geopolitic: Wars, Alliances, Neutral relations and trade.
Casual Towny is basically a survival... without any possibility to conquier, expand territory unless you disband yourself or you're in bankrupt.

Factions can add more fun, more anarchy and a bit more toxicity (not in a bad way). OG players wait for it.
What about all the hard work we players have put in? You want to remove it all to make Siege bigger. Consider this: if you remove Casual mode, you'll lose a lot of players. If you reset Siege mode, you'll lose many Siege players. In the end, you'll lose more than you'll gain. It's not a good way of doing things. Instead, find ways to make Siege more enjoyable.

Crib

Okay so many great people have been quiting recently, so I don't think it's a great idea to do anything big atm. Utopia failed, siege is toxic, and casual is just better. The admins can host a server wide pvp thingy where siege and casual players fight, and the last 5 players gets a reward. Ik people would love to do that probably. The reason casual is more active is bc you don't have to fight all the time, and you can play without conflict. In conclusion, give me 1mil.

Edit: probably the worst idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

About SMPEarth

SMPEarth was originally a private, whitelisted Minecraft server, featuring a custom-generated 1:3000 scale map of the Earth, exclusive to a group of selected popular Minecraft creators and streamers. Now, SMPEarth is publicly accessible on Java Edition where anyone can join. Boasting a community of 7000+ members and 2 main servers to choose from and experience (Casual Towny and Siege Towny), SMPEarth's primary goal is to become the most advanced Earth server in Minecraft.

NOT AN OFFICIAL MINECRAFT PRODUCT. NOT APPROVED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH MOJANG OR MICROSOFT.

Social Media